True friendship is a gift and should be treated as one.
We can be weighed down by expectations of two kinds. The first is the expectations others have of us and the second is the expectations we have. Although we cannot always be free from what others expect, we can choose to let go of what we expect from others and ourselves so that our hearts can feel a little lighter. I always like to think that we shouldn't be so caught up in things we cannot change but should instead focus more on the things which are reasonably within control.
So from today onwards I will change my expectations because I think I'm pretty clear about my views on interpersonal relationships now. And I think, this isn't just for the next few months while I have to study but will extend beyond that.
--
This week I got my priorities wrong and have been so tired as a result. Really need more sleep. And maybe I should buy myself happy pills! Not that I'm sad or anything, just tired.
--
What struck me the most in today's God's Daily Word is the notion of presenting ourselves as empty vessels. Hm I really need to go think about that.
DEBORAH
CHRISTIAN
raffles softball
raffles cdance
raffles interact